RIM Announces BlackBerry App World 3
7 September 2011
RIM has announced the availability of BlackBerry® App World™ 3.0 for BlackBerry smartphone users. The BlackBerry App World 3.0 storefront makes discovering and downloading apps, games and themes easier than ever. Users can personalise their BlackBerry smartphone, find the hottest games and entertainment and get apps to stay connected with the people who matter.
New features include:
- Sleek New Design – The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels – Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account – My Account makes managing BBID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features – My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing – when a user finds an app they can’t live without, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM, Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen – At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options – Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
BlackBerry smartphone users running BlackBerry OS 5.0+ will see on-device upgrade notifications appear in the coming days.
® 2011 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
1 March 2012
Unexpectedly high mobile phone bills are an increasingly common occurence these days with smartphones functioning as mini computers instead of simple mobile phones. The main reason that we see for [...]
12 January 2012
RIM has announced the impending release (Feb 12) of version 2.0 of the BlackBerry Playbook software. This software update will bring a wide range of additional functionality to the device [...]
12 January 2012
New statistics published by Arieso state iPhone 4S devices use nearly double the amount of data than earlier versions and this is mainly due to Siri. Siri is Apple’s voice [...]